Ocean Health Initiatives (OHI) is closely monitoring COVID-19 and is working hard to ensure the safety of all staff and patients as we continue to serve our community in this time of need. The health and well being of our staff and patients continue to be our number one priority.
During the H1N1 and Measles outbreak, OHI remained on the front line in the community providing mass vaccinations and education to the community. OHI’s mobile medical unit MMU traveled to areas where community residents could not get to our sites so that they could get the vaccinations needed.
Working together with community agencies, OHI will continue to be there for the community’s emerging needs. We have our Care Enrichment Team that is here to help should you or your family need medical assistance by calling (732)363-6655 or emailing the team at email@example.com.
In the meantime, the best defense against COVID-19 is to follow the same precautions offered for the prevention of the spread of Flu:
• WASH HANDS often with Soap and Warm Water for at least 20 seconds (If Soap and Warm Water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol)
• AVOID close contact with people who are sick
• STAY AT HOME when you are sick
• CALL your medical Provider BEFORE visiting the office (They may ask you to wear a mask before you enter the building to protect other people)
• Masks are only recommended to be used by an infected person who may come in contact with other people
• AVOID touching your Face (EYES, MOUTH and NOSE)
• COVER coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash right away.
• CLEAN frequently touched areas (tables, doorknobs, light switches, etc)
To stay informed on COVID-19, please visit the CDC website for updates: http://www.cdc.gov.
Thank you and be well,
Theresa Berger President and CEO Ocean Health Initiatives, Inc.
- We improve lives, we save lives, and we change lives!